Five Free Ways To De-Stress This Weekend
Last week on stress awareness day I wrote a post about how to recognise signs of stress. It can be difficult once we’ve identified that we’re stressed to know what exactly we can do to reduce our stress levels and feel more relaxed.
Five Free Ways to Reduce Stress!
- Get outside – studies have shown that spending time in nature outdoors improves both our mental and physical health. It can lower blood pressure and help us to relax.
- Take a break from Social Media – Spending time away from your phone gives your mind time to switch off and relax. The pressure of being constantly connected to the rest of the world can increase stress levels.
- Spend time with friends and family – As human beings we have an inbuilt need for human connection. Spending time with friends and family can help us to feel less stressed. If there are certain friends/ family members that cause your stress levels to rise, don’t be afraid to take time away from them!
- Write it down – Writing down your worries and concerns uses a different part of your brain to just thinking about them. Getting them out of head and onto paper can help you to look at them in a different light. This can help reduce their impact on your stress levels.
- Learn Mindfulness – Worried about work on Monday morning? Mindfulness can help you to be present in the moment and enjoy your weekend as it happens. There are lots of resources online to help you to get started.
I hope you have the opportunity to try some of these this weekend. (cake is always a good bet too!) If you feel your stress is becoming unmanageable and would like to talk more please get it touch. Next weeks blog will focus on stress in the workplace…